- an introduction to the DOM Event specification
- how to attach event listeners (there’s so many ways!)
- how event propagation works, what “bubbling” and “capturing” mean, and why you should care
- the differences between preventDefault, stopPropagation, and return false (and when you should use each one!)
This talk is adapted from an Ember.js-specific talk, Deep Dive on Ember Events.
Make sure to thank our gracious hosts Spredfast, and our sponsors Indeed Prime for the food and drinks!
- Where: Spredfast — 200 West Cesar Chavez Street — 3rd Floor of the Silicon Labs building on Colorado
- How: Parking is on the street, or you can bus, bike, rollerblade, segway, jet ski, or walk yourself down there and just not worry about it.
- Drinks and pizza will be provided.
- Take a look at the Code of Conduct
Afterwards, the discussion carries on a few blocks away at Lavaca Street Bar where they have food, drinks, and 12 revolving taps.
If you’ve got any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact Lon (@lawnsea) or Aaron (@aaronj1335) or Andrew (@drewml). Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter: @AustinJS
And finally, be excellent to each other.
Check back here or follow us on Twitter for updates.