Who is ready to optimize your user’s spa experience? Anton Astashov is going to tell us the secrets to making your visitors feel pampered in no time flat! Anton will share all the tricks of the trade, from how to improve time to first relaxation to HTTP/2 aromatherapy tips.
Lessons learned optimizing performance on Mixbook.com
Anton has recently been working on optimizing performance for mixbook.com, and he’d like to tell y’all about their experience: what worked and what didn’t.
- how they got rid of all external CSS to avoid blocking network calls
- how they started inlining some server-side data right into JS bundles and rebuilt/redeployed the app automatically when that data changes
- how we used webpack with custom loaders to automate all that stuff
- and more and more :)
Make sure to thank our gracious hosts Spredfast, and our sponsors Magento for the food and drinks!
- Where: Spredfast — 200 West Cesar Chavez Street — 3rd Floor of the Silicon Labs building on Colorado
- How: Parking is on the street, or you can bus, bike, rollerblade, segway, jet ski, or walk yourself down there and just not worry about it. Just don't ride those electric scooters on the sidewalks.
- Drinks and pizza will be provided.
- Take a look at the Code of Conduct
Afterwards, the discussion carries on a few blocks away at Lavaca Street Bar where they have food, drinks, and 12 revolving taps.
If you’ve got any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact Lon (@lawnsea) or Aaron (@aaronj1335) or Andrew (@drewml). Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter: @AustinJS
And finally, be excellent to each other.
Check back here or follow us on Twitter for updates.