Instead of having a traditional speaker, we’re going to try a lightning talks meeting. We’ve discussed it with the a few of you and are excited to here everything you guys have to say. If it goes well, we’d like to have these 1 or 2 times a year, so please give feedback!
How it will work
- Show up to the meeting with a 5 minute (or so) demo of something that’s useful to you in your work as a front-end engineer. This can be software, or patterns, or tools, or frameworks. In the past, just pulling up the website for a tool has been a totally easy way to have something to show without any slides to prep! (We encourage you to think about what you’ll say though).
- Get up at some point during the meeting and plugin your laptop (we should have a default laptop if you don’t need/have one) and give this (very informal) presentation.
- Watch everyone else share their best tips and tricks and tools!
We anticipate everyone coming with something that they’d like to share, but if there is a lack of people who are volunteering, then multiple non-contiguous talks by the same person will be allowed. Hopefully we have too many for that to happen, though!
This month’s awesome sponsor is the Waterfall Mobile. Be sure to thank them for the drinks and pizza, and/or talk to them about some job opportunities!
- When: Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 from 7:30-9:00 PM. (This one will probably end a little early)
- Where: Frog Design – 101 West 6th Street – 2nd Floor
- How: Parking is on the street, or you can take any number of buses to get downtown.
- Drinks and pizza will be provided.
Afterwards, the discussion carries on a few blocks away at The Gingerman, where they have over 70 beers on tap.
Any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact Alex (@SlexAxton) or Lon (@LawnSea). Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter: @AustinJS.