On the verge of this month’s meeting we’d like to let you know about an opportunity from last month’s sponsor: CompassLearning.
You’ll be tackling big and little projects that are fun, challenging and span the spectrum of front-end development. Sometimes the deadlines are tight, but that’s why we’re looking for people with great personalities who are team players. When a project is done we’ll celebrate, enjoy the view and look forward to the next project wiser and stronger than before.
We’re a casual dress, fun, thriving software company with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future, so if we’ve sparked your interest drop us an email with your resume and a nice portfolio of sites developed and we’ll talk.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Semantic HTML/CSS coding/updating for assigned projects
· Working with FreeMarker templates and JSON or XML files to expose data to the front-end
· Building specific functionality and modules using a front end framework.
· Interaction with UX team and business users.
· Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
· Identify and address performance bottlenecks
· Participate in design and code reviews
· Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
· Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
· Ability to write standards based, semantic HTML and CSS and modern layouts using tableless design
· Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
· A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
· A good understanding of cross-browser issues and their workarounds
· Experience working with server-side scripting languages like PHP, Python and Ruby
· Strong portfolio required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must be a team player and open to change
· Fun and Friendly attitude
· Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
· Experience building complicated workflows
· Relevant experience includes self-started personal projects
· Knowledge of web accessibility standards
Please provide a portfolio of sites developed, either online or with attached files.
CompassLearning is a recognized leader in the K-12 educational software industry. In our Learning Studio in Austin, TX, our team of educational experts, graphic artists, writers, and developers create award-winning K-12 curriculum and assessment solutions that motivate today’s students to engage, think & learn.
K–12 schools use our Odyssey system to personalize instruction, improve test scores, and increase graduation rates. Odyssey influences student success because it is based on current and confirmed research on the way today’s 21st century students acquire knowledge. And teachers and administrators benefit from our custom implementations, excellent customer support, and strong professional development. We have a singular passion for student achievement.
CompassLearning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.